The foundation of the Epic Finance team within Tonic Games Group is teamwork. We are a close-knit team, always ready for a new project to collaborate on and constantly looking for opportunities to improve processes and drive the department forward. We pride ourselves on our relationships with the Tonic Games Corporate & Creative disciplines, as well as the wider Epic Finance teams.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and mentor two Subsidiary Accountants and one Accounting Manager;
- Provide strategic oversight and direction for transactional accounting including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger;
- Take ownership for the review of month-end reporting for all Tonic Group companies;
- Coordinate the monthly group consolidation and report results to Epic Group Finance, being the key point of contact for variance analysis;
- Oversee the local external audit and be the key point of contact for any deliverables in relation to the Epic Group audit, when in scope;
- Business partner with the department heads across our Corporate teams and Creative disciplines on a number of matters, including budgeting & forecasting;
- Provide support to the team on technical accounting such as fixed asset reviews, revenue recognition, VAT & Video Games Tax Credits;
- Support the Finance Lead and wider Tonic Games executive team with ad hoc projects;
- Continuously review financial, control, and management information systems and procedures, implementing improvements across the business; and
- Professionalize and challenge the way processes are done so we can be more efficient and produce accurate monthly figures.
You will need to be a qualified accountant who has a strong background in statutory and management reporting, excellent attention to detail, and a passion to partner with key stakeholders across the business. Experience managing a small team is a must, as well as previous experience looking after the day-to-day Finance operations of a group subsidiary. We are still in the early stages of our integration with Epic Games and this is a critical business role that will play a pivotal part in the implementation of new systems, processes, and procedures to align the Tonic Games Group with Epic Games.
What we’re looking for:
- A qualified accountant (+4 years PQE);
- Experience managing a small team;
- The ability to make independent decisions and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment, coming up with recommendations and solutions;
- Passion to solve a problem, embrace the unknown and tackle a challenge;
- A team player who’s collaborative, supportive, and celebrates others’ wins;
- Stellar communication skills, written and verbal;
- An interest in gaming is desirable;
- Previous exposure to Workday and/or system implementations would be advantageous;
- Use of Workiva or similar to prepare statutory accounts under FRS 102.
What we're looking for
Want to Work for us?
Are you interested in joining a business that strives to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards a common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognize that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high-quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries and private health care.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people-first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person.
A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applicants will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview and in some cases a panel interview with colleagues across Mediatonic & Epic. We look forward to hearing from you!
We receive heap loads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.