We are looking for a very passionate 2D Technical Artist to Lead and mentor a team of 3 to work on one of our top grossing mobile games.
This role is ideal for a current Team Lead looking for a new challenge or an existing Senior TA with the desire and skills to plan, motivate and mentor an existing team and where required grow the team. In addition to great knowledge of 2D pipeline workflow, part of this role will assist in the championing of 2D Technical Art across the wider Mediatonic group being the focal point for best practise and innovation.
The role is expected to be 75% hands on. 25% planning, mentoring.
- Push to fulfil creative aspirations. It’s a 2D project with elements of 3D, You will be looking to gain buy-in and seize opportunities to raise the visual quality bar.
- Planning and developing features with project leads and engineering teams.
- Implement high quality game UI and other visuals, ensuring technical integrity and optimisation for mobile platforms.
- Create and integrate visual FX and animations and plan workflows which allows the team to iterate and refine visual features.
- Define standards and guidelines and mentor Junior Technical Artists.
- Prior experience working on 2D games.
- Strong knowledge of Unity, especially Unity’s UI system.
- Scripting knowledge of C# and/or Python.
- Knowledge of shader programming, animation, performance and optimisation.
- Exceptional eye for detail and quality.
- Strong communication skills.
What we're looking for
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including up to 3 x remote days weekly and private healthcare.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.