Fortitude Games is looking for an experienced and talented 2D/UI Artist (generalist) with a focus on UI and stylized illustration to join our team in Guildford and take our games’ polish and flair to new levels of excellence.
As a generalist you’ll be working closely with the project art lead to bring our vision to life, creating and implementing extraordinary art assets and concepts. You are flexible and able to adapt to any of the project’s artistic needs, ranging from UI/UX to (stylized) concept art and asset creation. You are an excellent communicator and a team player, able to solve creative problems within a project’s constraints. Unity working knowledge is a strong plus.
We’re expecting to see a portfolio with good variation — ideally with focus on mobile and casual audiences — and we are looking for personalities excited by the chance to join a rapidly growing team and help us set and achieve a new standard of quality and efficiency!
- UI/UX - Assisting the art lead in the creation of wireframes, UI assets and implementation.
- Create characterful concepts and final assets in the style of the game
- Take a key role in our game’s visual identity, ensuring and pushing for exceptional quality across all aspects of the art discipline
- Work closely with the rest of the art team to document best practices
- Take initiative on improving, streamlining and developing art pipelines and documentation across the game
- Assist your team in solving design-related and production-related art challenges
- Knowledge of UI/UX, able to create wireframes and UI assets that match the tone and style of the game
- Able to create (highly stylized) concept art that matches the tone and style of the game
- Able to take sketches or concepts and render them to their final state, matching the tone and style of the game
- Experience in creating and updating style guides, ensuring consistent artwork across the game
- Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop
- Experience implementing art into Unity
- Experience working in 2D games and pipelines and experience working in mobile games
What we're looking for
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
We have a range of benefits at Fortitude, including private medical care, pension scheme as well as gym discounts and rail travel assistance.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Fortitude. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this