- As an Animator your primary role is to produce the animations & VFX that helps the Art Leads, Creative Director and Studio Art Director realise their vision.
- You will ensure your pre-production drawings/animatics and in-game animations follow art direction, are emotive and technically prepared for transition into game.
- You are creatively flexible, adapting styles as necessary, typically during the exploratory stages of pre-production and when moving between projects.
- You will be required to create, and quality assure that in-game assets adhere to technical briefs.
- You will track your time and report your progress/ risks/issues daily, or at the point of identification.
- Demonstrated ability to create animation for Video Games
- Ability to convey distinct emotions and a changing/dynamic narrative
- Demonstrated, solid foundation in art fundamentals (line, colour, form, shape, texture, space, perspective, value, lighting)
- Theoretical understanding of motion and emotions
- Proficient with generating ideas/concepts/thumbs in 2D
- Proficiency in animation software - understands platform requirements (e.g. Console/Mobile)
- Understanding of animation pipelines and workflow
- Able to animate realistic human and animal motion, e.g. walk cycles, idles
- A solid understanding of human and animal anatomy
- Adapts animation style to suit game requirements
- Comfortable with both key frame and motion-capture animation
- Good visual development skills including basic storyboarding
- Clearly follows best working practices - seeks agreement on direction by presenting a variety of well drafted/grounded ideas before starting final art
- Annotates work for approval/feedback gathering
- Follows up on their art and provides support as it is transitioned into game
- Keeps up with industry trends and techniques
- Confident in gathering ad-hoc reference to assist in animation tasks
- Character Rigging experience
- Infographic/motion-graphics experience
- Animated shader creation skills
What we're looking for
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.