ResponsibilitiesAs a community 3D Artist you will be a dedicated Art resource for the Community team, working very closely with them to produce highly shareable videos and images, purpose-built for social channels. While the more regular Marketing Art will be created elsewhere within the team, your focus will be to help us to take our social media content to the next level. This will typically involve quick-fire collaboration with our Community team, who collectively thrive on seeing a measurable impact from their work. While this is very much an Art role, personality and fit with the Community team will also be important. We are looking for someone who is motivated by autonomy but can work closely with our Community team: Oliver (Twitter), Bee (TikTok), and Abbie (Instagram).
- We need somebody who is comfortable creating generalist work across a range of formats: everything from graphic design to 3D renders to video content.
- We are passionate about content being ‘of’ the platforms it appears on, so we are looking for someone who is savvy to internet culture and social media trends, loves a meme and has a keen eye for what resonates with our super-engaged audience.
- Finally, we have a very down-to-earth and personal approach to running our social media; the community is aware of who they are speaking to through our brand accounts, and who is posting what.
- Agile and creative mindset, with a willingness to be as involved with idea generation as they are asset creation.
- Demonstrable artistic talent shown in a portfolio of previous work.
- Creatively flexible, adapting styles as necessary to successfully follow Art Direction.
- Demonstrably proficient knowledge of software to include:
- Working with assets from Maya and/or Unity project files.
- Composing scenes, including the posing of characters.
- Setting up basic lighting and materials for rendering.
- Engaging in post-production work, enhancing renders in Photoshop or similar.
- Compositing images together in Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Applying graphic design elements.
- Creating basic edits and animation.
- Understands best practice for popular social media channel graphics and file formats.
- Desire to learn from the Creatives around them and develop new skills.
- An avid gamer who actively participates in online communities and knows what makes them tick.
- Actively uses social media and has a good understanding of memes and virality.
What we're looking for
Are you interested in joining a business who strives to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards a common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including up to 3 x remote days weekly and private health care.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person.
A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applicants will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview and in some cases a panel interview with colleagues across Mediatonic & Epic. We look forward to hearing from you!
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.