ResponsibilitiesWe’ve very recently released Fall Guys and it’s far exceeded our highest expectations. With a playerbase of millions, and a super engaged community, we’re now looking to boost up the Fall Guys team across all disciplines, including Community Management!
Our team has received a lot of praise from across the industry for our uniquely personal approach to Community Management and Social Media, leading to immense growth across both Discord and Twitter. Our Discord has 240k members, which is just beneath the 250k maximum size. Our Twitter profile has over 1.2 million followers. All of this is currently being managed by our Senior Community Manager.
That’s why we're looking for someone with existing community management experience who can hit the ground running and help us continue to manage and grow our Fall Guys Community, while we strive to extend the positivity and awesomeness of Fall Guys out from beyond the game, and into social media.
You’ll be passionate about social media, community management, and capable of delivering a constant stream of spicy content that is wholesome, positive, and relatable to our wide audience. And if you have experience with platforms outside of Discord, Twitter, Twitch, and YouTube, and you really think Fall Guys should be on them—we’d love to hear about that, too.
The role will include, but not be limited to:
- Working as the conduit between our players and the development and marketing teams, assessing and communicating key information; ensuring community feedback and sentiment has visibility
- Working closely with our Senior Community Manager, our publisher Devolver, and our internal marketing team to help build communities around Mediatonic itself—in both the industry as a thought leader and global business with a difference—and a game developer with a totally recognizable and unique sensibility to our players
- Maintaining a consistent, flawlessly high-quality presence and communication across multiple channels, including forums, Discord, Twitch, and Twitter
- Leading in developing community strategies for growth and retention
- Developing rules and practices to keep community spaces welcoming and positive places for our players; acting as a guardian and enforcer of those values
- Being comfortable in the role of presenter, whether in live streams, development videos or in-person at events
An indomitable spirit that finds chatting to people about games all day a thrilling prospect, you have proven experience growing and managing online communities and are committed to keeping those spaces friendly and supportive.
- Previous success in developing and managing online communities
- Contemporary knowledge of the games industry landscape, competitors, platforms and community strategies with a commitment to learn and adapt to new trends
- An understanding of Streamers/Content Creators, their platforms, and the culture around them
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to align with our existing tone of voice
- A good sense of humour and the ability to stay cool under pressure
- Strong understanding of popular social media tools and channels
- Ability to translate data and feedback into easily digestible information for large teams and key stakeholders
- Experience streaming games (not required but is a definite plus!)
- Familiarity of modern web CMS systems such as Craft, Wordpress etc. (not essential but a bonus)
- Previous customer service experience, no matter what industry (not required but a plus)
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high level of independence
- Desire to tap into and become a key part of a friendly, creative culture
- A love for games and the gaming community
What we're looking for
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including upto 3 x remote days weekly and private health care.
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
We’re predicting the response to this position will be quite immense, so we’d really appreciate if you could answer the following questions in your cover letter to help us get a better idea of how you think:
- Please take a look at the Fall Guys Twitter and explain the tone of voice and any patterns you notice in the content posted, or anything you find interesting/notable.
- Are there any other social media platforms you think Fall Guys should be on, and if so, which ones, and what would your strategy be?
- What are some of the best examples you’ve seen of Community Management. Which games/brands are getting it right?
- Can you write an example tweet of how you would announce that we’re removing Yellow Team that fits with the tone of voice from the FallGuysGame Twitter account? Note what assets you would request to go along with it, if you think it needs one.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.