As a Concept Artist your primary role is to produce the illustrations and/or production artwork that helps the Art Lead, Game Leads, Creative Director and Studio Art Director realise their vision. You will ensure your drawings are accurate and clear for the team to correctly transition into game art. You are creatively flexible, adapting styles as necessary, typically during the exploratory stages of pre-production and when moving between projects. You will be required to create and quality assure that in-game assets adhere to technical briefs. You will track your time and report your progress/risks/issues daily, or at the point of identification.
- Demonstrated ability to provide concept and in-game 2D art support for visual media e.g. Video Games, Movies and TV.
- Demonstrated, solid foundation in art fundamentals
- Competent with paint-overs, concept design and storyboarding - and when to use them
- A comprehensive understanding of anatomy, archtecture and the natural world and the ability to visualise 3D space in perspective
- Clearly follows best working practices - seeks agreement on direction by presenting a variety of well drafted/grounded ideas before starting final art
- Demonstrates awareness and an aptitude of art fundamentals (line, colour, form, shape, texture, rhythm, perspective, value, lighting & composition)
- Solid illustration skills covering organic and hard surface subject matter in a variety of styles
- Conceptual visual development of ideas
- Enthusiastic creative thinker
- Experience in gathering/creating reference for visual development Avid player of games
- Bonus points awarded for storyboarding skills
What we're looking for
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including up to 3 x remote days weekly and private healthcare.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applicants will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview and in some cases a panel interview with colleagues across Mediatonic & Epic. We look forward to hearing from you!
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.