We are currently looking for a Game Designer to join the studio who can jump in and one of our mobile free-to-play titles in development, working under the Project Lead Designer.
- Design - Create and implement innovative gameplay experiences, both by developing new mechanics and by iterating on existing ones
- Iteration - Work with the rest of the team to look for ways to improve on the game experience through balancing, as well as new design
- Collaboration - Work with others within the team to ensure a holistic understanding of the project and how to best leverage each other’s work
- Problem solving - Proactively troubleshoot and help to solve design challenges or problems that arise during the game development process
- Team-player - Be an active contributing member of our studio design team and help us to increase the design quality of the studio
- Communication - Maintain robust and frequent communications with the team, other designers, and the studio leads
- Advocate - Be an evangelist for good game design to other members of the team, helping them to understand the goals and purpose of your design
- Documentation - Create and maintain detailed design documentation that can be easily understood by team members from all disciplines
- Awareness - Maintain up to date industry and market awareness, ensuring our games remain competitive
We are seeking a designer with a robust understanding of mobile free to play game design and balancing. Ideally you should have:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Awareness of past, current and future trends and opportunities
- Game Design experience, having shipped one or more successful game
- Great general game design instinct and understanding of design mechanics
- Fascination for finding new and better approaches to game design problems
- Open and inclusive approach to design and a respect for those around you
- Ability to know when to stick to the plan and when to adapt to the situation
- A drive to learn, improve and share your passion
- Strong track record on PC or Console titles
- 3+ years' experience in game design positions
- Strong prototyping, pitching and ideation skills
- Experience of a full development cycle
- Experience with different business models
- Experience working in Unity engine
- A likable and approachable personality, with a desire to collaborate with and motivate those around you.
What we're looking for
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Fortitude. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.