You will be working on the exciting, upcoming flight simulator game Deadstick. You will be part of a small, passionate team, so will be willing to take on a wide variety of tasks and will be excited to contribute to the direction of the project.
The work will cover the full gamut from UI to physics and is built in Unity.
- To take ownership of Deadstick’s codebase and lead the project through to launch into early access.
- To work closely with designers to develop and refine existing gameplay systems.
- To overcome technical constraints and improve pipeline efficiency to enable greater output from other team disciplines.
The ideal candidate will have excellent programming skills in C# and / or C++, with an understanding and passion for readable, robust code and best practice and have shipped one (or more) commercial games on Unity.
- Proven leadership ability
- Excellent C# programming skills
- Strong technical understanding of Unity and its various pipelines
- Strong understanding writing and optimising shaders.
- Able to effectively debug and optimise code
- Experienced writing and optimising multithreaded systems.
- Strong understanding of multiplayer development techniques.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Able to work with artists and other disciplines to overcome technical hurdles and constraints.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in designing and implementing large systems.
- Passionate about providing users with software that is effective and enjoyable to use.
- Experience in developing on Windows with Visual Studio.
- Have shipped at least one commercial title as lead developer.
- Have experience both working and leading teams remotely.
- Proven track record developing gameplay systems.
- Broad gaming experience and a sense of good game design
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience playing flight sims and/or real world flying a bonus!