You will be working on the exciting, upcoming flight simulator game Deadstick. You will be part of a small, passionate team, so will be willing to take on a wide variety of tasks and will be excited to contribute to the direction of the project.
The work will cover the full gamut from UI to physics and is built in Unity.
- Contributing to the design process from a technical POV.
- Implementing designs in an efficient, maintainable manner.
- Analysing technical capabilities and resourcing requirements
- Collaborating on the roadmap and sprint planning, providing estimates and technical plans
- Coordinating planning to ensure technology plans are robust and communicated to stakeholders, reporting progress both internally and externally
- Acting as an ambassador for the studio both internally and externally.
The ideal candidate will have excellent programming skills in C# and / or C++, with an understanding and passion for readable, robust code and best practice and have shipped one (or more) commercial games on Unity.
- Strong understanding of game development tooling and processes, art workflow, performance optimization and memory management.
- Experience using source control systems (the game uses SVN).
- Strong maths skills.
- Shipped at least one commercial game on Unity
- A strong passion for making great games!
- Experience of working remotely.
- Experience with modern graphics programming, including Cg/HLSL and/or compute shaders, is a strong plus.
- Understanding of client / server communication and data serialisation.
- Understanding of 2D and 3D animation principles.
- Experience with build scripts and systems i.e. Jenkins, Team City, Ant, Make etc...
- Experience using and scripting common art and 3D software packages (Photoshop, Illustrator, Blender...).
- A passion for flight (virtual or IRL) would be very beneficial!