We’re looking for a hands-on Technical Lead to join us as a Game Services Technical Lead.
You’ll work closely with our Technical Director, Platform Team and Production Team to build reliable game back-ends which utilise Mediatonic’s core platform. You’ll be a first point-of-contact for your team of engineers and production, working closely with your Technical Producer to prioritise product concerns, engineering concerns and deliver features.
As a hands-on engineer, you can get to the bottom of anything you set your mind to - whether it’s issues with production databases, determining why an application is down, or talking through game design considerations to reduce technical complexity.
You understand that leading a team doesn’t mean being the strongest engineer or always having the answer; you balance decision-making with seeking advice, and balance guiding a team with empowering them to make decisions. When the way forward is unclear, you actively seek wider advice and perform your own research, bringing organisational ambitions in to your decision making.
- An excellent communicator
- An excellent team player
- A positive and happy voice in a team
- Excited to get to grips with, and align with, existing technology
You have demonstrable experience in...
- Team leadership
- Building and delivering features for business-critical applications
- Cloud Services (Azure, AWS, etc)
- Automated testing and TDD (NUnit, XUnit, etc)
- CI/CD (Jenkins, Azure Devops, TeamCity, etc)
- Monitoring production services (Datadog, Kibana, etc)
- Designing scalable services which scale out in response to load
Bonus points for experience with...
- C# and Dotnet Core
- Linux (we deploy Linux containers)
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Actor Systems
- Event Sourcing
- Pub/Sub Messaging (we use NATS)
- Service Mesh (istio)