- Research, formulate and implement rendering and other techniques to realise artists creative vision in-game
- Collaborate with artists, technical artists and engineers, agreeing approaches and work split
- Assist the artists with the creation of best-in- class environments and visual effects within technical requirements
- Ensure techniques and implementations achieve optimal results for mobile and console, perform well and meet the projects engineering standards
- Profile, maintain and optimise rendering, pipelines, lighting and shading components of a game
- Develop core rendering tools, feature and engine components to required coding standards
- Assist in ensuring art pipelines and asset sets are scalable and account for production and live ops constraints
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Responsible for performance of features on multiple platforms
- Ability and interest in a variety of graphics related challenges, wearing multiple hats and coordinating and collaborating in a smaller team
- 2+ years of programming experience on graphics programming
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles and experience of mobile and multi-platform projects
- Background in rendering with experience that may include shaders, animation, skinning, lighting, post-processing, special effects and tool development
- Strong maths skills and experience with modern graphics programming, including Cg/HLSL and/or compute shaders
- Programming skills in C# and / or C++, with an understanding and passion for readable, robust code and best practices
- Understanding of performance considerations, memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimisation
- Experience with Unity3D or other 3D game engines and art tooling, e.g. Maya, Zbrush, Blender
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Engineers code
- A strong passion for making games
What we're looking for
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.