Due to the success of Fall Guys, we are looking for a Head of Player Support to build and manage an exceptional team. Direct Support is new for us at Mediatonic, and so we will expect you to define and champion how this should work within the company.
We anticipate building a small internal team (~5 people) providing direct support alongside a much large external team supplied by specialist Customer Support vendors.
Initially, you’ll be focused on our latest release – Fall Guys – but over time this will expand to cover other titles within the studio.
- Define best practice and process for player support within Mediatonic
- Act as the connection between the Player Support team and the wider game team, flagging key issues and trends.
- Provide clear KPIs and goals for the team, monitoring and improving these over time
- Select, manage and monitor Customer Support vendors across the world
- Hire and directly line manage our player support team
- Provide high level reports to Leadership stakeholders on key issues and critical trend
You must be passionate about gaming and know how to communicate with players and stakeholders alike. It’s important you have a full understanding of the titles you work on and the tools needed to maintain them.
Most importantly, you are able to manage large teams and ensure they are reactive to large volumes of tickets, and triage them appropriately.
- 3+ years experience working within Customer Support / Player Support
- Firm end-to-end understanding of CS operations tools such as Zendesk.
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership & judgement skills
- A keen eye for process to help improve frameworks & flow within the CS group
- A clear understanding of the tone of our games and an ability to build a team that understands this. We want to be human, real and personal.
When applying for this position, please answer the following questions,
- What do you feel are the key KPIs to monitor the success of the Player Support team?
- What key roles would you anticipate hiring for on our internal Player Support team?
What we're looking for
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including up to 3 x remote days weekly and private health care.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person.
- A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
- We’d love to hear any thoughts or reflections you have about how we should approach Player Support at Mediatonic.
Successful applicants will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. We look forward to hearing from you!