- Reporting to the lead TA, work closely with the team to build technical solutions for visual features in our 2D mobile games
- Implement high quality game UI and other visuals, ensuring technical integrity and optimisation for mobile platforms
- Create and integrate visual FX and animations which allow the team to iterate and refine visual features
- Strong communication skills
- Provide recommendations, estimates and status updates to the team
- Provide support to artists with technical troubleshooting and guidance
- A strong portfolio of work
- Good knowledge of Unity, especially Unity’s UI system
- Good experience of scripting, shader programming, animation and optimisation
- Exceptional eye for detail and quality
- Strong interest in UI/UX design principles
- Experience working on games in a studio
- Knowledge and interest in 3D art packages, pipelines and industry developments
- A passion for playing and making games!
What we're looking for
Want to Work for Mediatonic?
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us.
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.