We're looking for someone who's excited to get into games marketing and also has a penchant for copywriting to help us deliver even more weird and wonderful Mediatonic content to the world.
Working closely with the Marketing and Community Managers, you'll assist in the day to day execution of the marketing team tasks from market research to coordinating community and PR campaigns. This role will reach across both studio (B2B) and game (B2C) marketing, so we’re looking for someone who can craft up exciting content whether it’s a studio blog that delves into our Mental Health First-Aid programme or a community newsletter about our latest beta test.
For years we’ve been quietly building one of the UK’s largest independent creative game studios, but we’ve finally stepped out into the spotlight and are looking for a digital bard of sorts to help us share our own unique persona with the games world. Passionate about games, the people who make them, and the people who play them, you'll excite players via social content, blogs—and who knows—song? We’re all ears, Jaskier.
- Support the marketing team in the day to day execution of marketing, PR and community campaigns
- Carry out market research to identify and provide the marketing team with potential risks, opportunities and campaign insight
- Write, edit and proofread content efficiently and at scale, ensuring a consistent tone of voice
- Create B2B content that exemplifies each brand's voice across a variety of channels such as blogs, newsletters, forums, social media, award submissions, and internal comms
- Collaborate with our Community Manager to create player-facing resources and content such as development blogs, newsletters, forum posts, guides, video content and FAQs
- Be the Mediatonic website guardian - keep our blogs, social posts and imagery fresh and relevant
- Actively monitor and track marketing metrics, assist in analysis and prepare campaign data reports
- Monitor games market trends, industry insights, and key topics to keep marketing team informed of possible new positioning for our games and studios
An inquisitive and collaborative soul who's excited to dive into a games marketing career. Whether you have relatable previous experience from inside or outside of the games industry, you'll be eager to use any accumulated, relevant skills towards crafting and sharing delicious stories about our games and studio to the wider world (general interest in world domination appreciated but not required).
- Excellent communication skills, especially written, with a great eye for detail
- Proven copywriting experience across short and long form mediums
- Ability to adapt messaging to different audiences and intent levels
- Ability to assimilate complex information and transform it into something easily digestible; whether for large teams of internal stakeholders or external consumer audiences
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to deliver projects under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, proactive, focused and able to work independently
- Knowledge of popular social media tools, online game platforms (like Steam), and familiarity of modern web CMS systems such as Craft, Wordpress etc
- Good working knowledge of spreadsheets (Google Sheets or Excel etc.)
- Ability to read data across multiple analytics tools for tracking and reporting purposes
- General understanding of industry trends, competitors, and platforms, with a passion to learn and absorb more on an ongoing basis
- Desire to tap into and become a key part of a friendly, creative culture
- A love for games and the gaming community
What we're looking for
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
We have a range of benefits at Mediatonic, including private medical care, a healthy pension scheme as well as gym discounts, childcare vouchers and free breakfast.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.