ResponsibilitiesWe’re looking for a skilled lead to join our Core Tech team to monitor, manage and react to the live operations of Fall Guys working directly with the Technical Director to ensure smooth operations diagnosing issues regardless of how obscure or seemingly innocuous.
We are looking for a logistically minded lead engineer who will take an operational (rather than management) role and can hold many threads at once but knows where to focus their attention at any given moment or when to hand off tasks to the core tech team for long term resolutions. Jumping in and turning your hand to hotfixes and emergent error situations is a key skill too. Although you wont be fixing all the issues you will know about them and work with Production to make sure they are understood, you will be a pro at reading logs.You should be driven by observability metrics, stability, performance and resolution conditions to the entire technical landscape of the game running world wide. Identify issues that require attention via one of the many systems in place and address issues that require immediate attention be that via the alerts dash board or player reports. Supporting Customer Services and Community Management for the game out in the wild and also QA and Production with upcoming release and stability of upcoming features as well as keeping external third parties in the loop and syncing with anything from maintenance issues to planned downtime. As well as identifying what improvements need to be made and monitoring when they have been made and sharing this information with the lead and executive groups.
- Own and implement strategy for project R&D, infrastructure, systems and features
- Analysing technical capabilities and resourcing requirements
- Helping identify and appoint new hires as well as develop team members
- Collaborate on the roadmap and sprint planning, providing estimates and technical plans
- Coordinate planning to ensure technology plans are robust and communicated to stakeholders, reporting progress both internally and externally
- Mentoring team members, giving feedback, setting expectations and delegating
- Collaborating with the Principal Engineering Team shaping best standards across the studio
- Coordinate with external development partners and ensure work is in line with the standards for the project.
We are looking for a candidate with experience developing high quality console/PC games in Unity using C#, with a deep understanding of platforms and submission requirements.
- Observability systems such as Grafana and Kibana
- Error reporting tools and systems
- Programming and good code structure
- Managing many situations simultaneously
- Handling urgent situations
- Providing solutions to mitigate urgent situations
- Managing your own workload
- Defining important live ops metrics
- Matchmaker Systems
- MMO Game releases
- Multi Region Server Management
What we're looking for
Want to work for us?
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including up to 3 x remote days weekly and private health care.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.