We’re looking for a hands-on PHP Developer to join us as a Lead Web Tools Engineer.
As our Lead Web Tools Engineer you’ll take ownership of GameFuel™ - the leading game management technology which delivers content and configuration to players across all of our titles. This central platform supports all of games, resulting in massive efficiency savings during development and enabling us to continually tune our games once live.
- You are:
- An excellent communicator
- An excellent team player
- A positive and happy voice in a team
- Highly proficient in PHP (OOP with Symfony, Laravel or similar)
- You have demonstrable experience in:
- Building and delivering features for business-critical web applications
- CI / CD (Jenkins or similar)
- Source control
- Automated testing
- You have passions or interests in:
- Front-end development - some aspects of Gamefuel currently use EmberJS, but it would be up to you to drive it’s future
- Programming in general - we're looking for someone who genuinely cares about the quality of the work they produce
Bonus points for experience with:
- AWS and Azure
- Docker and Kubernetes
- An understanding of the techniques used for building high performance, scalable software
- CDNs such as AWS CloudFront, Cloudflare, Fastly or Akamai
- Knowledge of C#
- You are:
What we're looking for
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us.
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.