As Mediatonic continues to grow, the amount of documentation and administration required to support our business has grown as well. This role is primarily focused on being the bridge between our business, production and finance teams, through process, organisation and clear communication.You will report into the Vice President of Studios and you primary responsibility will be ensuring all of our road maps, forecasts, hiring plans and various other documentation are kept up to date and in sync.
You will be responsible for supporting non-development processes in the studio, helping to create process where there is none and constantly re-evaluating our use of such in the studio. You will help provide due diligence on production plans, assist in due diligence with partners and various other administrative tasks for the production department.
- A strong background in project management, as well as a high competence in spreadsheets is essential.
- Previous game development experience is not required for this role.
- Own resource tracking and reporting for multiple studios in our group
- Support production through updating and reporting on all road-map
- Facilitate non development related activities for the production teams in the studio
- Help provide a first line of defence for the production directors on all forecasting queries
- Interface with our finance and business departments to ensure their needs are being met from a production perspective
- Help define and implement reporting for projects and production in general
- Working closely with the producers to ensure all project needs are met in a timely manner with respect to resources and deadlines
- Clear and regular communication of progress to all stakeholders including external partners
We are looking for a candidate with a passion for reporting and details, who has experience of project management in a fast moving creative environment. Seniority of the candidate is not important. However, the ability to analyse and improve process is essential. This role will be perfect for a project manager looking to enter the game industry as well as producers who are looking to understand impact outside of direct development and how production merges with the wider business needs.
- Experience working in a fast paced, process driven environment
- Experience working in a creative industry would be a benefit
- A good knowledge of light-touch production systems that allow teams to thrive without unnecessary admin
- A proven track record of improving process and a passion for doing so
- A strong working experience of spreadsheets, the ability to write macros in VB or Java is not essential but would be a major benefit
- Attention to detail and a drive for organising
- Excellent time keeping
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Able to work to frequent and tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
What we're looking for
Want to Work for Mediatonic?
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us.
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.