As QA Lead you will be responsible for the Coordination of a team of Internal and External testers through the thick of development whilst leading the creation of testing strategies and plans for our games and tools.
Key responsibilities include
- Feedback to Design and development teams on specs created to catch issues on features before they are developed.
- Mentor more junior team members in QA process.
- Assign and oversee test sessions for junior team members to ensure quality coverage of the incoming pipeline.
- Lead from the front, documenting bugs with concise repro steps, whilst ensuring the same level of quality is evident with other team members work.
- Work hand-in-hand with Production and the wider development team to proactively decrease the number of bugs that are introduced into the game.
- Provide regular status updates and trends to Stakeholders and the wider development team.
- Communicate issues, risks and test status in a timely and detailed manner.
- Contribute to a culture of innovation and quality across all Mediatonic products.
We’re looking for someone who has the following:
- 4+ years of QA testing experience in video games.
- An excellent working knowledge of First Party Standards, including XRs/TCRs, Apple and Google app store criteria.
- Must have previously been a Team Lead and shipped Smartphone or Console games and be fully familiar with publisher standards.
- Familiar with common bug databases. Knowledge of JIRA and Test Management suites a bonus.
- Strong understanding of software quality assurance practices and agile workflows.
- Self-driven, problem-solver and a great team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate with the development team.
- Proven track record for meeting deadlines and schedules.
What we're looking for
You LOVE games and want to be surrounded by talented [super nice] people who share your passion for brilliant game experiences.
You enjoy a rich variety of projects rather than working on a single franchise or business model for many years at a time.
You care about making a big impact on your projects and so you appreciate the beauty of working in smaller teams.
You want to work on next generation platforms including Smartphones, Tablets, Steam, XBOX One and PS4.
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us.
How to apply/really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person, a cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic with at least one member of our recruitment team. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
**We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this**