As QA lead on one of the project verticals, you will be responsible for the coordination of a team combining both internal and external testers, through the thick of development, whilst leading the creation of testing strategies and plans for future Fall Guys features and tools. You will evangelise QA and represent the QA team to the rest of the franchise. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in testing at a senior or lead level on a mid to large size game project, a strong technical background, a solid knack for test planning, great team leadership skills, and a passion for games.
- Lead from the front, documenting bugs with concise repro steps, whilst ensuring the same level of quality is evident with other team members work
- Work hand-in-hand with production and the wider development team to proactively decrease the number of bugs that are introduced into the game
- Provide regular status updates and trends to stakeholders and the wider development team
- Communicate issues, risks and test status in a timely and detailed manner
- Feedback to design and development teams on specs created to catch issues on features before they are developed
- Creation and maintenance of test plans and cases
- Line manage team members, and mentor the more junior and newer team members in the QA process
- Assign and oversee test sessions for both internal and external team members to ensure quality coverage of the incoming pipeline
- Responsible for kicking off and configuring builds and multiplayer environments for general QA use
- Managing external QA teams to help ensure we have the right coverage for our testing needs
- Playing a key role in identifying ways we can improve our QA process and tech, and be able to define requirements to be shared with other teams for support in building out improvements
You'll have experience as a team lead and shipped a console, PC or mobile game and be fully familiar with publisher standards. Common bug databases and test planning tools will be your bread and butter and you'll have a strong understanding of software quality assurance practices and agile workflows.
- 4+ years of QA testing experience in video games.
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps, and Testrail in particular a bonus
- Self-driven, problem-solver and a great team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, must be able to confidently communicate with the key stakeholders, and the wider development team
- Proven track record for meeting deadlines and schedules
What we're looking for
Want to work for us?
Are you interested in joining a business who strives to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards a common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries and private health care.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person.
A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applicants will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview and in some cases a panel interview with colleagues across Mediatonic & Epic. We look forward to hearing from you!
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.