As a QA Manager you will be responsible for the overall function of the QA Discipline within the Studio. Working across multiple projects, spanning Mobile, PC, Console and emerging technologies, you’ll work to mentor teams to help produce highly polished games, to be enjoyed by millions of players around the world.
- Working closely with Senior Production staff, you’ll aim to ensure that titles are shipped on time and to the highest possible quality
- Technical scoping of incoming projects to provide estimates of QA requirements and propose QA Strategy approaches.
- Monitor and maintain internal bug databases. Including making workflow adjustments to help project delivery pipelines.
- Auditing bug and test quality to ensure high standards are maintained and built upon.
- Help identify areas where automation can be used to help speed up testing with given resources.
- Ensure teams adhere to processes and seek to build upon these in a consistent, sustainable fashion.
- Establish and maintain a strong culture of unbiased project health and release reporting through the use of available tooling.
- Mentor teams of Embedded QA staff. Provide clear objectives for improvement and ensure all members of your discipline continue to grow in their roles.
- Manage relationships with external QA contractors, be responsible for defining work orders and financial estimation.
- At least 6 years within Quality Assurance roles
- At least 2 years in a Leadership position with multiple shipped titles.
- Expert knowledge of mobile game development with Android and iOS guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft XRs for both Xbox and PC and Sony Playstation TCRs with experience submitting for both platforms.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience hiring and building strong teams
- Experience administering JIRA, Azure Dev Ops or other project management software.
- Experience with Test Management Tools such as: TestRail, Zephyr, QTest or Azure Test Manager
- Experience planning automation frameworks or experience with automation technologies yourself
- Basic Knowledge of the Unity Game engine or C# programming language
- Knowledge of the Python programming language
- Experience using bug analytics platforms / Power BI
What we're looking for
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.