We are looking for someone who is passionate about good user experience design who can lead the way in bridging art and engineering for our exciting 2D mobile game project.
You will be key in ensuring effective technical solutions are in place to realise the project’s artistic ambitions.
- Push to fulfil creative aspirations. It’s a 2D project with elements of 3D, You will be looking to gain buy-in and seize opportunities to raise the visual quality bar.
- Planning and developing features with project leads and engineering teams
- Implement high quality game UI and other visuals, ensuring technical integrity and optimisation for mobile platforms
- Create and integrate visual FX and animations and plan workflows which allows the team to iterate and refine visual features
- Define standards and guidelines and mentor Junior Technical Artists
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of Unity, especially Unity’s UI system
- Scripting knowledge of C# and/or Python
- Knowledge of shader programming, animation, performance and optimisation
- Exceptional eye for detail and quality
- Strong communication skills
- A portfolio of work
- Strong interest in UI/UX design principles
- Experience working with teams on 2D mobile games in a live ops environment
- Knowledge and interest in 3D art packages, pipelines and industry developments
- A passion for playing and making games!
What we're looking for
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.