We are looking for someone who is passionate about finding technical solutions to enable artists achieve dazzling aesthetics in our games. You will be key in ensuring effective technical solutions are in place to realise the project’s artistic ambitions. This will involve a mix of shader programming, tools scripting and 3D scene set up. You are well versed in 3D maths. Most of all, you are happy to collaborate in a cross-discipline team with artists, tech artists and programmers to achieve the best possible visual results.
- Work closely with artists, technical artists and engineers, agreeing approaches and work split
- Assist artists with the creation of best-in-class 3D environments, rendering and visual effects within technical requirements
- Ensure techniques and implementations achieve optimal results for mobile and console, perform well and meet the projects engineering standards
- Profile, maintain and optimise rendering, pipelines, lighting and shading components of a game
- Assist in ensuring art pipelines and asset sets are scalable and account for production and live ops constraints
- Work with the studio Technical Art and Workflow Tools Team to ensure all projects are using a consistent, efficient, scalable CG pipeline
- Define standards and guidelines and support Junior Technical Artists and the art team
- Provide status updates and reports to stakeholders both internal and external
- Experience with Unity3D or other 3D game engines and art tooling, e.g. Maya, Zbrush, Blender
- Commercial experience in rendering that may include graphics programming in Cg/HLSL/GLSL and/or compute shaders
- Strong maths skills and 3D production experience
- Programming skills in C# and / or C++, with an understanding and passion for readable, robust code and best practices
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles and experience of mobile and multi-platform projects
- Exceptional eye for detail and quality
- Strong communication skills
and some desirables....
- A portfolio of work
- Experience with Perforce
- Scripting experience with Python, particularly for DCC packages such as Maya and Substance
- Experience building Houdini digital assets
- Experience working with teams on games in a live ops environment
- Knowledge and interest in 3D art packages, pipelines and industry developments
- A passion for playing and making games!
What we're looking for
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including up to 3 x remote days weekly and private healthcare.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applicants will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview and in some cases a panel interview with colleagues across Mediatonic & Epic. We look forward to hearing from you!
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.