- Concept Art - Set the style and define visuals of new titles in the studio. Working closely with our Studio Art Director, Concept Artists, Writers and Designers to help bring new worlds to life. Iterate on mood, setting and art style to find the perfect fit.
- Production Art - Produce sketches, quick-paints and annotations to create briefs for Art Teams - to help them completely understand your work in order to correctly reproduce the style and bring them life.
- Asset Production - Create in-game artwork and assets ranging from backgrounds and characters, to in-game objects and icons.
- Pitch Concepts - Rapidly developing ideas and producing high quality, evocative artwork for new game concepts and project pitches within the studio. Supporting artwork for presentation slides to accompany the Key Art images.
- Comprehensive portfolio showing varied concept examples.
- Presents a series of well thought through options through proper research, reference gathering, visual investigations and development
- Creates original high-quality roughs, block outs, in-game and promotional art that invoke distinct personality and a strong narrative
- Demonstrated solid understanding of lighting and some knowledge of post-processing techniques and lens effects
- Able to plan and direct reference shoots, location scouting, mood board gathering.
- Comfortable creating artwork in a range of styles
- Supports Leads and Principals with the creation of style guides and visual targets
- Follows and guides others on best practices
- Suggests and maintains pipelines, re-use, planning and optimisations
What we're looking for
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
We have a range of benefits at Mediatonic, including private medical care, a healthy pension scheme as well as gym discounts, childcare vouchers and free breakfast.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.