We’re looking for a strong design generalist to come on board to help support and grow our franchises. You will be responsible for the design and quality of our most valued internal IP franchise, as well as being a creative voice in much of what we do!
The role calls for nose-to-tail creative ability, with the right candidate expected to get stuck in and be effective at all stages of design, from high-level support to up-to-your-elbows-in-excel balancing. No two days will be the same, and your input will be a deciding factor in the success or failure of the franchise(s) you oversee. This level of responsibility comes with the freedom to just get on with the job, and The Irregular Corporation believes in a high level of autonomy!
As a member of the wider Irregular Corporation design team you will also have input into creative across the company, including reviewing games that come in for publishing, reviewing games in development and helping design new IP.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the creative and design pipeline. You will create documentation, review designs and milestones and feedback to improve quality and mitigate risk
- Guiding external teams. We often work with external teams to build our games and you will be expected to be able to guide and support these teams; knowing when to advise, when to get stuck in and (most importantly) when to hold back
- Being an IP expert. You will become an internal point of contact for the company on all things related to the franchises you work on. You may potentially also be involved in discussions with key manufacturers, journalists and influencers
- Fixing and improving features.You will review feedback from the community and act on it, whilst also overseeing bug fixes
- Reviewing new games. You will also have input into creative across the company, including reviewing games that come in for publishing and reviewing games in development
- Developing strategy. You will work closely with the Franchise Manager to plan a long term strategy for our franchises
In particular, this role will start with the PC Building Simulator franchise and so knowledge/desire to learn about all things PC building and to deliver it in PC Building Sim’s unique manner is vital. At the time of writing this the game has a 93% positive review score with 16.5k reviews and over a million units shipped to date!
You will be:
- A designer with 5+ years game design experience within a studio environment, ideally on PC or console
- Beyond organised, with a proven system for capturing, prioritising and executing tasks across multiple projects
- The best communicator with a strong eye for detail and an incredible ability to mulit-task
- Self-motivated and able to work remotely with a high degree of independence
- Comfortable adjusting to unpredictable deadlines and schedules
- Passionate about games!
- Exceptional understanding of game structure and systems
- Exceptional ability to produce clear and workable documentation
- Demonstrable experience of balancing a variety of games
- Comfortable working in Google Sheets with formulas and in Unity
- Wide knowledge base of past and present games, across all genres
- A strong understanding of simulation, tycoon and management games
- Proficient in Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Great written and spoken English.
What we're looking for
Want to Work for us?
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries and private health care.
How to apply & really impress us?
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.