As Senior Environment Artist you will use your expertise in art principles and computer packages in being responsible for high-quality original artwork that often displays innovative solutions when answering briefs. You will be able to take high-level creative direction and estimate, schedule and execute relevant level-of-detail artwork, depending on the stage of the creative process. You will be able to help mentor more junior artists and work collaboratively across the team to ensure the best possible ideas are professionally presented and realised in-game.
- As a Senior Environment Artist your primary role is to produce the art assets and environments that help the Art Leads, Creative Director and Studio Art Director realise their vision.
- You will ensure your pre-production drawings, block-outs/grey-boxing and in-game assets follow the art direction and are technically prepared for the transition into game.
- You are creatively flexible, adapting styles as necessary, typically during the exploratory stages of pre-production and when moving between projects.
- You will be required to create, and quality assure that in- game assets and environments adhere to technical briefs. You will track your time and report your progress/risks/ issues daily, or at the point of identification.
- At least one shipped title under your belt, having worked on it from start to finish.
- Excellent 3D modelling and texturing skills, demonstrable in your portfolio.
- Experience with Maya, Unity and sculpting tools. ZBrush/Mudbox are preferred, but not essential.
- An exceptional eye for detail and quality
- A passion for playing and making games!
What we're looking for
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
We have a range of benefits at Mediatonic, including private medical care, a healthy pension scheme as well as gym discounts, childcare vouchers and free breakfast.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.