We are currently looking for a Senior Game Designer to join the studio and take on significant responsibilities on one of our mobile free-to-play titles in development, working directly under our Studio Lead Designer.
- Vision - Help to craft and establish the vision of new games and features for the desired player experience
- Design - Create and implement innovative game designs and review, tweak and balance gameplay to iterate on existing ones
- Collaboration - Liaise across other disciplines and roles within the company to facilitate a holistic approach to development
- Problem solving - Proactively mitigate risks and troubleshoot design issues from a creative standpoint
- Team-player - Be an active contributing member of our studio design team and help us to increase the design quality of the studio
- Communication - Maintain robust and frequent communications with the team, other designers, and studio leads
- Champion - Evangelize to other members of the team and the rest of the studio, helping them to understand the vision and design of our games
- Documentation - Create and maintain detailed design documentation, flows, charts and diagrams
- Awareness - Maintain up to date industry and market awareness, ensuring the games remain competitive
We are seeking an experienced designer with a great knowledge of mobile free to play games. Ideally you should have:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Awareness of past, current and future trends and opportunities
- Game Design experience, having shipped more than one successful game
- Great instinct and understanding of design mechanics, systems and direction
- Experience with long term gameplay loops and meta-game systems
- Fascination for finding new and better approaches to game design problems
- Open and inclusive approach to design and a respect for those around you
- Ability to know when to stick to the plan and when to adapt to the situation
- A drive to learn, improve and share
- Strong track record on PC or Console titles
- 5+ years' experience in game design positions
- Strong prototyping, pitching and ideation skills
- Experience of several full development cycle
- Experience with different business models
- Experience managing, and/or mentoring others
- Experience working in Unity engine
- A likable and approachable personality, with a desire to collaborate with and motivate those around you.
What we're looking for
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Fortitude. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.