- Interpreting design requirements as well as the studio's creative aspirations
- Agree and implement strategy for project R&D, infrastructure, systems and features
- Analysing technical capabilities and resourcing requirements
- Work with Lead Programmer to identify and appoint new hires, as well as develop team members
- Collaborate on the roadmap and sprint planning, providing estimates and technical plans
- Coordinate planning to ensure technology plans are robust and communicated to stakeholders, reporting progress both internally and externally
- Mentoring team members, delivering training, giving feedback, setting expectations and delegating
- Collaborating with the Lead Programmer shaping best standards across the studio
- Excellent programming skills in C#, with a deep understanding of codearchitecture and coding best practices.
- Strong understanding of Unity
- A portfolio of commercial game titles under your belt. Ideally 1 or more shipped using Unity
- A clear understanding of the particular challenges in game development, such as art workflow, performance optimisations, memory management and supporting multiple platforms.
- Experience using source control systems such as SVN, Git & Perforce.
- Strong maths skills.
- Love making games!
- Experience leading a project or mentoring a team
- Experience with C++
- Experience with mobile SDKs (Android & iOS) and frameworks (e.g. cocos2dx).
- Understanding of client / server communication and data serialisation.
- Understanding of 2D and 3D animation principles.
- Experience with build scripts and systems i.e. Jenkins, Team City, Gradle, Make etc...
- Skills in scripting languages (Lua, Python).
- Experience using and scripting common art and 3D software packages (Photoshop, 3DSMax, Maya...) is a plus.
What we're looking for
In addition to a short, sharp CV we would like to hear a little extra from you.
Please include with your application no more than one A4 page detailing:
1. What attracted you to this role
2. What you believe you can offer that is unique to yourself
We are a small studio in the heart of Guildford working on flagship titles to put Fortitude on the map. Our staff includes multi-BAFTA nominated talent and games expertise spanning more than 10 years. We have a close and highly-developed working relationship with parent company Mediatonic and their extensive network and support, meaning that we are taking on large-scale challenges and growing more rapidly than would otherwise be possible. The advertised role is one of an initial set of key hires, offering an opportunity to have an enormous impact on shaping our ambitious and creative studio. We look forward to your application!