- Interpreting design requirements as well as the studio's creative aspirations
- Agree and implement strategy for project R&D, infrastructure, systems and features
- Analysing technical capabilities and resourcing requirements
- Helping identify and appoint new hires as well as develop team members
- Collaborate on the roadmap and sprint planning, providing estimates and technical plans
- Coordinate planning to ensure technology plans are robust and communicated to stakeholders, reporting progress both internally and externally
- Mentoring team members, giving feedback, setting expectations and delegating
- Collaborating with the Principal Engineering Team shaping best standards across the studio
- Excellent programming skills in C# and / or C++, with an understanding and passion for readable, robust code and best practices
- Previous commercial experience in a game studio and / or commercial experience working in a large development team
- Familiarity with game engines like Unity (preferably) or Unreal
- Strong understanding of game development tooling and processes, art workflow, performance optimization and memory management
- Experience using source control systems such as Git & Perforce
- Strong maths skills
- A strong passion for making games
- Experience leading a project or mentoring a team
- Experience with mobile SDKs (Android & iOS) and frameworks (e.g. 2DToolkit).
- Understanding of client / server communication and data serialisation.
- Understanding of 2D and 3D animation principles.
- Experience with build scripts and systems i.e. Jenkins, Team City, Ant, Make etc...
- Experience using and scripting common art and 3D software packages (Photoshop, Illustrator, Blender...) is a plus.
What we're looking for
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.