A Senior Systems Designer is a highly professional and proven member of the team - able to take ownership of systems critical to a project’s success and deliver on the Lead's vision. You will be expected to:
- Be comfortable concepting, designing and iterating on complex game systems in line with the game’s vision
- Offer clear direction and solutions during these processes, justifying your decisions to the
- Lead and wider internal and external teams
- Take charge of driving the design and implementation quality of these systems to a high standard
- Produce flowcharts and other supporting design documentation to prove out your designs and communicate your vision to stakeholders and the wider team
- Use spreadsheets to model these systems and account for how different players will interact with them
- Fine-tune these systems through rigorous play-testing and careful tuning of the underlying values/logic, with a view to providing the player with a positive user experience
- Be a key figure in discussions around new feature designs and concepts, using your experience to steer early ideas in the best direction
- Attend regular publisher meetings alongside the Lead, and handle these interactions professionally in the absence of the lead
- Support the culture of the studio by taking part in extra-curricular activities and talks
- Support the junior designers on your team to ensure they are able to develop essential skills, teaching both by face-to-face mentoring and ensuring your work is exemplary
We are seeking an experienced game designer who can jump in and immediately get their hands dirty. Ideally, you should have:
- 4+ years game design experience within a studio environment
- Proficient in Word and Powerpoint
- Deep knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets
- Excellent understanding of progression/reward systems, game loops and economies
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to tune game systems
- Strong ability to produce clear and workable documentation
- Able to communicate your ideas clearly, concisely and efficiently
- Adaptable and able to quickly pick-up new skills and ways of working
- Ability to work independently to craft systems in line with overall project goals
- Comfortable working closely across all disciplines to guide system implementation
- Experience with scripting systems
- Experience working with procedural generation
- Experience working with free-to-play titles in
What we're looking for
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.