We are looking for an experienced Senior HR Coordinator to join us on a 6 month fixed-term contract in our Madrid studio, remotely at first but transitioning to onsite once it's safe to do so. You'll be working remotely with our People team based in London and the Madrid Leadership Team to support our team of around 60 awesome people.
Our Senior HR Coordinator will be a discreet and professional generalist supporting the People Director and studio management with delivery of our People agenda, as well as being the go-to person for day-to-day HR queries, responding with sensitivity and care to the needs of the team and management.
This is a varied and fast paced role in a rapidly expanding studio, with the opportunity to be heavily involved in several exciting projects!
- Lead on HR Projects, working alongside Madrid studio management and the wider People team.
- Act as the HR touchpoint for our team in Madrid for all people-related queries.
- Own and manage the monthly payroll
- Own all aspects of onboarding for new hires, from contract production to first day orientation.
- Support the launch of new employee benefits, and administration of existing benefit schemes
- Define, implement, and adhere to processes which ensure we are compliant with laws, regulations and best practice, to protect the company and our talent
- Work alongside the Global and UK People Team to ensure announcements and initiatives are legally compliant and are adapted to be suitable for roll out to the Madrid team.
- Managing employee relations discussions and challenges
- Managing performance related discussions and plans
- Coordinating events and activities which bring the team together, and make the studio an awesome place to work.
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in an HR related field
- Proven experience of working in an operational HR management role, within a fast moving environment.
- A demonstrable passion for people and building strong relationships
- High standards of professionalism and discretion
- Fluent command of English, in both written and verbal
- Advanced knowledge of local labor law
- Prior experience of working with a Works Council
- A passion for video games
What we're looking for
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible remote working and private health care.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applicants will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview and in some cases a panel interview with colleagues across Mediatonic & Epic. We look forward to hearing from you!
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.