We’re looking for an exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking Senior Level Designer to join our Fall Guys game team – helping to produce new stages for our players to fail in spectacularly.
Ideally you’ll have a wealth of experience in 3D level design, some shipped products and work to point to, and a passion for producing best-in-class content that can inspire and elevate the work of everyone around them.
As a Senior Level Designer at Mediatonic you’ll be sat at the heart of the team, producing regular new stages and working closely with your lead and other disciplines to ensure they’re of the highest quality by the time they reach our players.
- Designing the core playable content (stages, puzzles, challenges) for your project – make things fun with the tools at your disposal
- Liaising closely with your Leads to identify and prioritize feature work essential for creating content of sufficient quality and variety
- Meet with key team members to ensure that everyone understands the goal and plan for a content design before its implementation
- Set the standard and hold the internal vision for what elevates the content in your project and evangelize this throughout the team, especially more junior level designers
- Create high level overviews of new content and concepts to quickly convey ideas both internally and externally, ideally using quick visualization tools (Sketch-Up/Pro-builder)
- Seek efficiency where possible; look to save time through natural cross-over, reuse or alignment of functionality and content across the game
- Continuously look for ways to improve or expand on the game experience through creating ideas for new mechanics or features.
- Play a key role in designing and developing custom level editing tools and basic scripting, feeding back and pushing for greater efficiency in these tools across the team
- Troubleshoot and help solve design and content challenges or problems that arise during the game development process
You are the architect behind the game’s most critical content; responsible for ensuring it is built efficiently and to the highest possible standards.
- Industry experience and at least 1 shipped title that featured a multiplayer component, worked on from beginning to end
- Level creation experience in a 3D engine, preferably Unity or Unreal
- The ability to work within constraints and to specific briefs
- Superior communication skills
- Can work independently and unsupervised to a high standard
- A good understanding of level design fundamentals and good practice
- The ability to work openly with their team and other disciplines
- The ability to mentor and manage the time of more junior team members
- Experience with Maya, 3DS Max or other professional 3D modelling software
- Strong technical and art skills
- Scripting experience
- Knowledge of programming languages
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- High level documentation abilities
- A deep passion and knowledge of the games industry
- An interest in creative pursuits
What we're looking for
Want to work for us?
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including up to 3 x remote days weekly and private health care.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.