We’re looking for a strong design generalist to come on board and be responsible for the design (and overall) quality of a portfolio of games, as well as being a creative voice in much of what we do!
The role calls for nose-to-tail creative ability, with the right candidate expected to get stuck in and be effective at all stages of design, from high-level support to up-to-your-elbows-in-excel balancing. No two days will be the same, and your input will be a deciding factor in the success or failure of the games you oversee!
This is very much a role for someone who can turn their creative and design sensibilities to anything and isn’t fazed by a challenge. It is a varied and diverse position with a lot of creative and operational autonomy and responsibility with huge potential for the right candidate.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Third Party creative support
- Be creatively responsible for a portfolio of Third Party titles and work effectively within a multi-disciplinary squad
- Give creative support to external developers and IP holders; from milestone feedback to designs to getting your hands dirty in their systems
- Identify design problems and/or opportunities in client projects while creating and presenting sympathetic solutions that won’t ruffle any feathers
- Represent TIC and the TIC Design team to clients and developers to build strong, positive relationships
- Use your game title knowledge to identify competitors, provide examples and set quality bars
- Internal Creative Support
- Be a part in whittling down the thousands of potential titles that we receive to the few that we invest in
- Identify, foster and present Internal IP concepts to TIC and the company stakeholders
- Third Party creative support
We are looking for a Senior Designer (Publishing) with 5+ years game design experience within a studio environment, ideally on PC or console.
You will be:
- Someone who has taken multiple games from inception to release
- Beyond organised, with a proven system for capturing, prioritising and executing tasks across multiple projects
- The best communicator that can get on with anyone and discuss complex or loaded issues
- Proactive, with a strong eye for detail and an incredible ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated and able to work remotely with a high degree of independence
- Comfortable adjusting to unpredictable deadlines and schedules
- Passionate about games!
- Exceptional understanding of game structure and systems
- Exceptional ability to produce clear and workable documentation
- Demonstrable experience of balancing a variety of games
- Comfortable working in the Google Suite (sheets etc) and Office (Word / Powerpoint / Excel)
- Wide knowledge base of past and present games, across all genres
- A strong understanding of simulation, tycoon and management games
- Great written and spoken English.
What we're looking for
Want to Work for us?
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries and private health care.
How to apply & really impress us?
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.