- Design original and beautiful VFX that delight and surprise
- Understand the value that VFX components can add to all aspects of the gameplay experience
- Champion VFX, constantly looking for opportunities where they may enhance the game
- Ensure VFX support the user experience rather than distracting the player away from it
- Create bespoke, original styles of VFX to give each product unique character
- Troubleshoot and improve existing VFX
- Work with technical delivery teams to solve technical challenges that keep our VFX at the cutting edge
- Work with our world-class Production team to ensure VFX solutions can fit within budgets and schedules
- 2+ years commercial experience in the games industry working on VFX (ideally to include mobile)
- Advanced skills in games software such as Maya & games engines (ideally to include Unity)
- A strong portfolio of VFX work (ideally for mobile or console games)
- A passion for excellence in VFX creation
- In-depth knowledge of VFX principles
- Creative with excellent communication skills
- Exceptional eye for detail and quality
What we're looking for
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.