The ideal candidate with have strong practical experience of working in technical animation, including coordinating and collaborating in a smaller team and have ideally shipped one or more AAA game titles and experience of mobile and multi-platform projects.
- Detailed knowledge of the animation pipeline, including skinning, rigging, programming state machines and scripting
- Experience with Unity3D or other 3D game engines and art tooling, e.g. Maya, Blender
- Maths skills and experience with Cg/HLSL programming is a bonus
- Programming skills in Python, C# and / or C++, with an understanding and passion for readable, robust code and best practices
- Understanding of the principles of animation and motion
- Understanding of runtime performance considerations and memory management
- Understanding of ragdoll physics
- A strong passion for making games
What we're looking for
Want to Work for us? Are you interested in joining a business who strives to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards a common goal appeal to you?As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including up to 3 x remote days weekly and private health care.How to apply & really impress us As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applicants will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview and in some cases a panel interview with colleagues across Mediatonic & Epic. We look forward to hearing from you! We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.