In the coming years, we have plans to grow across all our studios/locations, in order to achieve this we are looking to hire an experienced engineer and leader to help accelerate the studios’ growth in creating increasingly ambitious console and PC games. You’ll be working on a new original IP targeting next-gen platforms.
- Oversee the projects code architecture and technical vision
- Work closely with art, design, production and our server teams to design, plan and implement game features and systems
- Actively participate in all aspects of the development process
- Champion quality, and modern development best practises
- Support the technical development of the project’s engineering team through management, mentoring, training and feedback.
- Play an active role in recruitment to build a world class engineering team
- Collaborate with other Technical Directors and the senior engineer team across the organisation to promote cross-project knowledge and code sharing
The ideal candidate with have a wealth of previous experience working at a senior level across multiple console and PC titles. You will be passionate about games and all things tech, with a strong ability to lead both teams and tech.
- Knowledge of Unity and Unreal (UE4) is prefered
- Experience working on networked, multiplayer games
- You are an expert into multiple areas such as physics, AI, networking, gameplay or rendering
- Excellent communication skills
What we're looking for
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
We have a range of benefits at Mediatonic, including private medical care, a healthy pension scheme as well as gym discounts, childcare vouchers and free breakfast.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.