In this role you will be responsible for managing multiple core technology teams.
You will be the responsible for defining process and production methodology for these teams, capturing requirements, scheduling requests and reporting on progress.
On top of that you will be expected to help shape and continue to grow the team to meet the increasing demands placed upon this incubation team.
- Manage the requests, prioritisation and delivery of the central tech team
- Be responsible for the overall quality of the output balancing budget, time and resources to maximise in this area
- Own the schedule, ensure deadlines are met, address or escalate where this is not possible
- Help foster happy and productive cross discipline team, managing the resourcing for this team, working with other producers in the studio to manage staff flow across the studio
- Lead the team by example, fostering a positive "can-do" atmosphere that drives the team to perform beyond their expectations
- Be the point person for internal development undertaken by this core tech team
- Working with other technical producers to ensure all areas of development are covered
- Working with other disciplines to help support them and accelerate their development through tools and support provided by your team
- Clear and regular communication of progress to all stakeholders including external partners
We are looking for a candidate with experience working in a continuous delivery environment. A strong passion for technology and how it can be used to accelerate development is essential. Excellent communication skills are essential.
The right candidate will be able to work well under pressure to tight deadlines and will demonstrate an excellent ability to work effectively in a team, as well as motivate teams to perform above and beyond.
- Experience working on game titles
- Experience working with technology teams would be a benefit
- A good knowledge of light-touch production systems that allow teams to thrive without unnecessary admin
- A thorough understanding of production processes and a passion for implementing them
- A strong working experience of one or more task tracking tool (e.g. Jira or Hansoft)
- Attention to detail and a passion for process
- Excellent time keeping
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Able to work to frequent and tight deadlines
- Able to work effectively in a team
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Demonstratable leadership skills
What we're looking for
Want to work for us?
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including up to 3 x remote days weekly and private health care.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.