- Design original and beautiful user-interfaces
- Illustrate UI components such as icons and assets
- Ensure players have the information they need at precisely the right time
- Contribute to concepts and pitches
- Troubleshoot live products and design enhancements to reduce friction for users
- Work with technical delivery teams to solve technical and logistical issues with UI
- Drive UX excellence for the games we develop
- Lead UX meetings and workshops to capture business requirements
- Facilitate focus groups to determine player needs
- Undertake competitor UX research, heuristic evaluations on internal and competitor UX, expert UX reviews and audits
- Create personas, user journeys and experience maps
- Translate design documents and/or creative conversations into UX actions
- Design information architecture, site maps, app maps etc
- Propose a range of creative conceptual ideas for UX
- Create sketches and storyboards to visualise UX solutions
- Execute detailed wireframes and create prototypes
- Validate ideas and designs through user testing
- Collaborate with artists and engineers to translate UX designs into wonderful experiences
- Advanced skills in design software such as Photoshop & Illustrator
- A strong portfolio of User Interface and Application designs (ideally for mobile or console games)
- In-depth knowledge of UI and UX principles
- Creative leader with excellent communication skills
- Exceptional eye for detail and quality
- Experience with creating and delivering user experience projects
- Experience contributing to proposals in ideation and concept design
- A good working knowledge of wireframing tools
- Experience in prototyping tools
- A proactive, can-do attitude An enthusiastic and demonstrable understanding of the science of User Experience and User Centred Design
- Well versed in user experience methodologies and their applications
- An understanding of visual syntax - colour, shape, placement, motion, behaviours, etc
- An understanding of mobile gaming challenges and can identify best-in-class UX examples
- Ability to articulate the work - verbal, written, and visual presentation skills
What we're looking for
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.