As a UX designer you will be responsible for the design of original and beautiful user-interfaces to ensure players have the information they need at precisely the right time.
- Contribute to concepts and pitches
- Troubleshoot live products and design enhancements to reduce friction for users
- Work with technical delivery teams to solve technical and logistical issues with UI
- Drive UX excellence for the games we develop
- Lead UX meetings and workshops to capture business requirements
- Facilitate focus groups to determine player needs
- Undertake competitor UX research, heuristic evaluations on internal and competitor UX, expert UX reviews and audits
- Create personas, user journeys and experience maps
- Translate design documents and/or creative conversations into UX actions
- Design information architecture, site maps, app maps etc
- Propose a range of creative conceptual ideas for UX
- Create sketches and storyboards to visualise UX solutions
- Execute detailed wireframes and create prototypes
- Validate ideas and designs through user testing
- Collaborate with artists and engineers to translate UX designs into wonderful experiences
Our ideal candidate will have advanced skills in design software such as Photoshop & Illustrator as well as a strong portfolio of User Interface and Application designs (ideally for mobile or console games).
- Prior experience working on mobile game titles
- In-depth knowledge of UI and UX principles
- Creative leader with excellent communication skills
- Exceptional eye for detail and quality
- Experience with creating and delivering user experience projects
- Experience contributing to proposals in ideation and concept design
- A good working knowledge of wireframing tools
- Experience in prototyping tools
- A proactive, can-do attitude An enthusiastic and demonstrable understanding of the science of User Experience and User Centred Design
- Well versed in user experience methodologies and their applications
- An understanding of visual syntax - colour, shape, placement, motion, behaviours, etc
- An understanding of mobile gaming challenges and can identify best-in-class UX examples
- Ability to articulate the work - verbal, written, and visual presentation skills
What we're looking for
Want to Work for us?
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including up to 3 x remote days weekly and private health care.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.